Tammie D. Martin, M.Ed, LPC-S
Founder & Clinical Director
South Austin Counseling Services, P.C., (SACS), originally founded in 1998 by Tammie D. Martin, M.Ed., LPC-S., is a multidisciplinary counseling group of mental health professionals serving southern Travis county. After more than a decade of private practice in south Austin, Tammie became aware of the need for exceptional mental health services provided in a calm, client-centered environment. She has assembled an outstanding group of mental health professionals to provide care and support with an emphasis on superior customer service.
"Together, we have worked successfully with thousands of children, adolescents, and adults. We draw on a variety of approaches to find what is most helpful for each client. Together with each client, we focus on personal strengths to overcome weaknesses and to help clients achieve their goals."
Click below to listen to Empire Broadcasting Group's recent interview with Tammie:
Tammie began her career as a school counselor working with children, adolescents, and their families. For the past 19.5 years, she has served children, teens, families and adults from a variety of backgrounds in her private practice. Tammie is the mother of two sons. One of her sons lives in Austin with his wife and two beautiful children. One died tragically in a drowning accident in Denver, Colorado, in August 2013, less than one month after his 26th birthday. She has been married for 36 years. Both her personal and work experiences have taught her that all individuals are capable of healing and achieving their potential.
"I believe that people who seek therapy are individuals who have the courage to face life's challenges, the strength to seek assistance, and the wisdom to actively develop skills for healthy living." - Tammie D. Martin, LPC-S
Tammie's Credentials, Experience, and Professional Memberships
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor
- Master of Education in Counseling Degree
Texas Education Agency Lifetime Teacher Certificate:
- High School: English and Speech
- Certified All Level Professional Counselor by Texas Education Agency
- 25 years experience counseling children, adolescents, adults and families
- Provider of therapeutic services to hundreds of individuals in Central Texas
- Outstanding Alumni Award 2007, Department of Counseling and Psychology, Tarleton State University
- Presenter of workshops and conferences at universities, schools, and corporations
- Member of Texas Counseling Association since 1997
- Member of the Texas Association for Educators and Supervisors
- Member of Capital Area Counseling Association
- Member of the Texas Mental Health Association
“Tammie is Honest, Trustworthy, and Responsible in everything she does. I do not trust people easily, and, with Tammie, I felt like she cared about me and my family like I WAS her family. She respects your privacy and will not ever break that trust. You have found a gem when you meet Tammie." - Anonymous client
In addition, South Austin Counseling Services, P.C., has been a member of the Better Business Bureau since 2012! We are proud of this recognition and accomplishment and will do whatever is necessary to continue holding that distinction by providing exemplary care to our clients and excellent customer service.
Download Additional Information on Tammie
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for the latest news and upcoming events.